Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Self Evaluation

Yes, yes... so here we finally are. It's already the end of Batxillerat, the end of two long years with loads of new experiences and things we have learnt...
Well, what can I say about the English classes during all this time? First of all, and I think I've already said that a few times, I'm sure that the year we started Batxillerat was nearly the best time to start with such a "project for innovation", just because I think that we couldn't have continued with the "ESO-like" activities for much longer. From my point of view, this project had many advantadges, thing which we can see in the majority of our blogs and portfolios. I think that the main point was starting to talk more English in class and also starting to do things like Orals. I truely must admit that it was not always easy to find time to do everything, specially last year, when everything was so new for us; but a part from that I also have to say that I have really learnt a lot and that it's now pretty much easier to talk in English than three years before. I know that we have been like "guineapigs" and so I can understand why everything was still a little chaotic and disorganized last year...
I think the activities which best show our level of English are things like speakings or Orals, just because in my opinion it's more important to know how to speak correctly English and how to communicate with others than to learn grammar and do nothing else as book activities.
Also writings show your level of English: a good and correct use of the main writing rules is also important.
The activities which really useful were speaking activities, as I said before, for example with Annika. Reading books, music and watching films were also important.
Maybe the thing that was not so useful, at least for me, was the moodle, but basically because I never really found time to go there.
Hmm... what have I enjoyed? Well, the first thing is the different activities we have done, I mean, it was not always the same routine and we did a big variety of exercises. I also enjoyed somehow the presentations, basically because it was something different and because we learnt a lot looking up for information and so on.
Well, that's it more or less... To sum up I'd like to thank our teachers Lourdes and Sònia, who have really helped us a lot in these two years and who somehow made our classes much funnier than those we had years before. I wish you the best for the following years, continue like that ladies and take care!!

1 comment:

KST TEACHERS said...

Oh Jenny, Jenny, thanks a lot for support, you are a model student, always helping never complaining !!

Our project would't be possible without pupils like you. It has been hard for you and for us, belive me ! but it's worthwhile the effort if you say you have learnt ;)
I wish you all the best and, please don't lose your smile, be as optimistic as you've been with us all this time, you know, it's contagious !!