Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Writing: Informal letter

17 Park Avenue
LN78X2
London
England

18th April

Dear Nathalie,
Do you remember that I promised writing to you as soon as I arrived at my new home? Well, you know me and I use to keep my promises, right? So here I am, I arrived at my new flat in London after about two hours of being in a plane, what a horrible trip, by the way... But anyway, London is so beautiful! I haven't seen many things yet, but for now I'm very excited about my new sorroundings. My neighbours are also fantastic, not as bad as I thought, everyone has helped me a lot these days and Mrs. Fairforx, from above, has shown me nearly the whole town already. My parents also feel quite well here and I think they are quite happy to have done a little change in their lives.
The people here are quite different than in Spain, but quite similar to Germans. On one side, they are much more serious than the Sapnish ones, but on the other side they have something very interesting and I really enjoy talking with them. But anyway, I miss you all a lot and I'm not sure if I can be happy enough without you by my side... Anyway, how is your life going on? Are you still working or have you finally decided to take a degree?
Well, my dear, I have to leave you. I send you a few pictures of my first week in London.
I hope you come to visit us this Summer!
I wish you the best!
Lots of love,

Jenny Olbrich
xxx

1 comment:

claire said...

just what i needed. thanks. claire